Everyone knows that it takes a split second for something to go wrong, especially when you have the latest and most expensive devices on hand. The sad truth is that most of us can’t afford to replace a smartphone or tablet the moment something goes wrong, as the costs of these devices keep surging.
Life happens and that is where they get you, with exuberant repair costs that only the elite can afford. We have compiled a couple of ways you can save your phone after a watery mishap and hopefully breathe new life into a device you have come to love.
- Grab your phone from its watery grave as quickly as possible, this could lessen the damage.
- Switch your phone off and remove the battery to avoid a short circuit.
- Remove your SIM card and pad it dry.
- Remove any other components, like your MicroSD card and anything else plugged into your phone.
- Remove all moisture by gently shaking your phone to remove excess water. Use a towel to soak up as much moisture as possible. Do not try to dry your phone by using heat, as excessive temperatures can cause further damage. You can also use a small vacuum cleaner to suck out any water.
- After you have removed any excess moisture, place your phone in a container filled with uncooked rice. The rice will remove any leftover moisture from your device. Be patient and leave your phone in the closed rice container for 24 to 48 hours.
- Now you can remove your phone from the container and reassemble it. Test your phone by switching on the power button. Hopefully your hard work and patience paid off and you have a fully working phone. If not, you will need to invest in a new water-resistant phone.